The HBS Design Club is for students who want to learn more about human-centered design, strengthen design thinking and design doing skills, and lead product, service, experience or other design teams in the future.
The Design Club hosts several career-related events, including:
- Treks. Travel with the Design Club to New York to visit several design consultancy firms at their offices and meet with company executives to learn more
- Office Visits. Visit local firms, including design consultancy firms and other companies with design-related opportunities
- Panels. Lean more about design firms from HBS students and alumni
- Innovation Challenges. Compete in innovation or design challenges hosted by the Design Club in partnership with companies and recruiting partners
Skillz & Social
Come stretch those creative muscles and meet students in the broader Harvard community at several workshops hosted by the HBS Design Club. These workshops aim to build students' design thinking and design doing skills. Event examples include:
- The Wallet Workshop. Rethink the wallet in a full design thinking exercise
- Gift Giving Workshop. Change the way we give gifts through design thinking
- Ice Cream Social. Build your own ice cream sundae at this social event
- Costume Contest. Show off your creativity and have some fun while you're at it
The Harvard Design Conference is the university’s annual exploration of all things design. Launched in 2012, the conference is a collaborative effort between groups at the Harvard Graduate School of Design, Harvard Business School, and Harvard College. The event brings together creative thinkers, design luminaries, experts from a variety of backgrounds, professors, and students to engage in and reinterpret the design process for a selected subject.